Saturday 9 February 2008

Bac 2 skool!

The new school year started this week - I can't tell you how many times I've thought we were in September 'cos that's when the kids go back in England. I'm more confused than ever (which is a worry!) I'm teaching Year 2 (seven year olds) which is even more of a worry! I've never taught that young before and was really apprehensive about it. But all went well and we had a good week. I was utterly exhausted by the end of the week as I worked every night 'til late in order to get my head around a new system, new curriculum and new year group. Still, all the planning is in place now so I should be getting some of my life back again.

We celebrated Australia Day on 26th January which meant a long weekend - don't you love public/bank holidays! We went away to the Barossa Valley with friends from SALT (our church - www.salt.org.au) and had a whole heap of fun. We saw our first possum which was rather cute.


The Barossa Valley is one of the top wine growing regions in Australia and so we went to visit a few wineries. I drove while our friends Sally & Tim and Andy sampled the many wines up for tasting. One winery (Two Hands) had 12 different shirazs to try - I'm not driving next time! We bought a few bottles back and have cellared most of them. Our friend has a proper cellar and many of our bottles can be stored for 10 or so years. So if you come to visit in 2018, we'll crack open a vintage bottle to celebrate!


We've now been here for 8 months. It's feeling more like home although I still find some things rather strange. Would you ever get a road sign like this in the UK?


Thanks to those who email and let us know you read this. Take care, x

No comments: